Saturday, March 17, 2007

Ouch! My back hurts..

If you have lower back pain, you are not alone. Nearly everyone at some point has back pain that interferes with work, routine daily activities, or recreation. Fortunately, most occurrences of low back pain go away within a few days. Others take much longer to resolve or lead to more serious conditions.

When it comes to my case, I think it's because I spend so much time sitting here stiff on the chair facing this notebook of mine. Talk about ERGONOMICS. I definitely need to get a new chair :) with sufficient back and neck support (btw, I think it will really burn a hole in my pocket). Well, at least i dont have to suffer this pain anymore right?

Some people say relaxing will take away the pain. Well, it does. The importance of relaxation in controlling and treating disease as well as back pain is now starting to be recognized by the general public as well as the medical profession though to be honest the public don't always understand its effectiveness.
"Relaxation techniques have a definite place in the healing process of the body, With certain types of back pain the importance of relaxation is increased, since stress and emotional disposition plays a large part in a sufferers life due to their constant pain."
Kim Standerline
Prayer is a form of relaxation and meditation that works wonders for some people if they have faith. For me, it works the best :) it gives me peace, tranquility and relaxation just by praying. It would definitely relieve my stress to pray and meditate. I hope it does for everyone else as well.

But this pain, it only goes away when I lie down and apply balm :D or some other kind of analgesic cream e.g: deep heat. It really feels good afterwards.

One more thing I could do to make this pain go away for a while. Prevent myself from spending so much time facing this notebook :D but I cant do that can I? The urge is too great to seperate me from this position. Well, I guess I have to live with the back ache then.. :P

No comments: